Tuesday, December 5, 2017

December 5, 2017 - Wildfires, The Holiday Season, And Hoping To Find A Job

The wildfires in Southern California are hitting very close to home. There's a lot of smoke blowing through the area and it feels pretty creepy. They have told us to be ready to evacuate tonight. I have actually been much closer to fires in the past and never had to evacuate. Right now I'm just hoping that the power stays on.

The holiday season is upon us and I'm so excited. This year is the first time I've actually been looking forward to it. There had been some very difficult years of personal loss in all areas of my life. I'd lost family, life savings, and even my home which left my cats and I living in the car for 7 long months. I have no cats right now for the first time in as long as I can remember. Although my overall situation is okay I'm living what I guess you'd call a life style which is very different for me. I had become terribly lost and alone for a long time. It's quite interesting though that as soon as I got back into my transitioning mode - taking hormones again and just starting to live in the gender I truly am, my life began to turn around so much for the better. It can be very hard sometimes though and at Sunday service when they started speaking of Christmas with family and all and then started playing some seasonal music I couldn't hold back the tears. It was all that I could do to try to not let anyone see. I don't think anyone noticed. I just felt so alone and remembered those Christmases with my cats, family, and having a nice place of my own along with being what I believed to be very secure financially - both then and for the future. Life can change quickly and we don't always understand why. Overall I'm so thankful for all of my new friends and the community I've become a part of. I'm so grateful to have been born into this life as the person I am which among so many other things is transgender. Somehow I feel so good about this. I'm happy and grateful to have the process moving along so well. Life is really something isn't it?

I'm also hoping to get back to work. My career was in electronics mostly doing software and hardware test, evaluation, and repair. I also have a great deal of experience in technical writing and also working in the IT department. Right now there's talk of companies needing to have quotas filled in regard to the gender spectrum. I can't honestly say that I'm so much in favor of that but I will certainly take advantage if I can. I can be a great asset to an employer since I can help fill the quota as a transgender and I'd be much more than a token filling a spot, I'm actually very good at what I do. Now I just need to find a decent employer that will feel that way too. If not my old career then I may need to discover my other hidden talents. I like to write and will continue to do that but I'm not so crazy about poverty so a regular job would be nice. I've always done a lot of volunteer work and of course will continue doing that. It's very important to me. If anyone out there thinks they may be interested in what I have to offer as an employee please contact me so we can discuss it and perhaps I could send a copy of my resume.

I seem to have a pretty good following with this blog and it would be so nice to hear from some of you. I find people to be quite fascinating and like to hear your stories. If you'd like you can click here to get to my Facebook page (it should open in a new window). You can always leave comments on the blog or follow my email link to share some thoughts.

I guess that about wraps it up for today. I hope everyone is have a happy holiday season. Let's all be a source of light and love in the world, you know you have so much to offer and are perfect just the way you are. We truly are all manifestations of the divine walking a very special and sacred path in this life. Love, blessings, and happiness to all. Of course a great big hug to you too.




No comments:

Post a Comment