Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January 23, 2018 Drama, Issues, And Love

Hello. I hope all is well for everyone as we get up and running into the new year. How are those resolutions coming? I hope that positive new habits are being formed and whatever hopes you have for 2018 come true for you even better than you may have imagined. I'm hoping to get back into writing more, it's just been so busy, but writing is something I enjoy.

So has anybody else noticed an increase in in the drama some people have been bringing into their lives and the lives of others in the few weeks since this year began? I certainly have. It's strange, in the last year or two I've felt a definite shift in energy in the transition from one year to the next. Coming into 2017 I just knew and felt there was a very positive change that was going to be happening in my life -  as it turned out it was even better than I could've imagined. 2018 has a rather peculiar feel to it though. There seem to be some very strong forces at work behind this veil we so like to call 'reality'.  It feels like they have the potential to bring incredibly positive things and at the same time have some potential for the undesirable. While I feel some wonderful things are in the works, at the same time the drama I'm seeing is definitely something that to me is undesirable. But these are all lessons after all aren't they? I really oughtn't judge them. They just are.

The thing is that I tend to be a rather laid back individual. Why create problems where none exist? Oddly enough that very personality trait seems to be a hot button with many of the people that I know. I've had individuals bring very simple issues to me, like signing up for 2 offices in our church which turned out to be against the rules. A woman came to me and told me I couldn't be on 2 committees. I responded with, "Okay, take me off the second." A little while later the pastor, who also happens to be a very close friend and teacher, came to me asking what I said that so upset this woman. I told him I didn't know and we talked a bit about the conversation I'd had with her. He ended up having to bring her back for another discussion to explain that I wasn't upset, I just felt my suggestion was the simplest solution and the pastor agreed. Well anyhow, there have been quite a few instances like this where people seem to be trying to create problems where none exist. Has anyone else noticed this?

So much for drama and issues, I've also noticed some increase in the love I'm feeling and sharing with others.

I'd like to share my Facebook post with you rather than repeating the story:

Today I received the nicest gift anyone has ever given me. My friend Kathy who’s on the left side of the picture below found a heart left from a memorial service and an easel to put it on. She then covered it with a purple scarf and left it in front of our church. It was found and almost thrown away until they heard the story she told about it. When Curtis told the story to our congregation at Sunday Service I began crying the deepest tears of joy, love, and gratitude.

Kathy is a friend of mine who happens to be homeless. She has a depth of wisdom beyond most and a heart that I’m sure makes Jesus The Christ smile. Kathy made this as a gift to me. She told the person who found it that it was a ‘Purple Heart’ that she wanted to give me for my courage in being so open about my being transgender. As I so often say this is not an act of courage on my part, I happen to love being transgender and feel it’s a blessing and a gift. Kathy lives in a world that forces her to sleep outside with no guarantee of a meal from one day to the next. Kathy always has a smile and a hug for me and everyone else even though she faces her trials daily in a world that doesn’t know she exists. That smile and warm heart of hers are real courage that truly humbles me.


I’ve been blessed with some truly awesome and amazing friends.



In other matters of love...

Have you ever been in love? The romantic kind of love? I think love is wonderful but find I have to explain myself from time to time. See, to me if you love someone it's all about really appreciating who they are and letting your love set each other free and watching each other grow. All too often If I tell a guy I love him he either gets scared and runs or seems to believe that now he's got me under his control. Let me say first that this kitty doesn't do well on a leash and I have no desire to put a leash on someone else. One thing I never want to do with someone I love is change them, I fell in love with the person they are and just want us to grow together. As far as sex goes I feel it's just a way of expressing affection and is something that friends may choose to share on some level, some more, some less. It should be simple and spontaneous. What better way is there to show someone how you feel about them? I'm not talking about empty sex like just hooking up, I'm talking about sharing something very special with someone who is also very special.

Anyhow, I guess that's enough for tonight.

Big hugs and blessings to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment