Tuesday, April 17, 2018

April 17, 2018 - Just A Little Light Conversation Tonight

Good evening everyone. I’m so happy you’ve dropped by. We just finished up with our Community Dinner at my church. I enjoy it so much. We have some incredible folks at this church that give so much. The dinner here is only once or twice per month depending on how things work out, but the folks that join us for the food and socializing say they like ours the best. We set out tables with flowers and chocolates and much of the food comes from our garden which is all organic, non-GMO, and of course picked fresh for the dinner. One of our church members, Timmy, is a very talented performer that entertains with his singing and guitar playing. Oh I love his music, it takes me back to my best memories of warm summer nights in the park on Lake Michigan drinking wine, smoking pot, and making love to the music of people like Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Simon And Garfunkle, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and so on. It was a very special time for me. The world was changing. Equality for all races, genders, and gender expressions was taking root. We’ve come a long way. We still have such a long way to go. I have so much faith in the generation we call millennials, I believe they are going to do great things. I want to tell them to ignore the older generation’s remarks that put them down, this happens with every generation. I also want to apologize for the terrible mess we’ve handed them but they should see what we were given. Like every generation before us we did our best and now it’s their turn. Best of luck kids.

I just got the stats on who’s been dropping in on this blog, well not specific details, just where everyone is from. We have people from the United States, Ukraine, Germany, Russia, Poland, Portugal, Canada, France, Australia, and India. I’d really like to hear from you all. What brings you here? What are your countries like? Maybe a little bit about what you’re like as people. Are there any other transgenders visiting? Are you interested in alternative perspectives? I’d really like to know.

Tonight feels like such a very special night. Ellen, the woman that does most of the preparation and organizing for the Community Dinner, gave me a really cool sweater. It’s long, black, and frilly – very retro which is just my style. She also gave me the coolest card on Sunday, it has a picture of a kitten dressed all Hawaiian on the front (Ellen is from Hawaii). Everyone has left and I’m sitting here by myself keeping an eye on things so a few of the local homeless can use our bathrooms. I have 2 bottles of nice red wine just waiting to be sipped but I think I’ll save them for another time. There’s a homeless woman sleeping in the shed on our back patio, Bree is her name and we’ve become good friends. Bree has awful demons that torment her at times without mercy. I do my best to give her a safe place and she has told me that this is the only place she feels secure but I wish I could do more. I’m so sleepy tonight and I’m ready for bed. Just a little longer then it’s off to my little hide-a-way.

Well I’m keeping this one short and sweet. I was so happy to find out that there were so many people from around the world taking an interest in my little place in cyberspace. I really do want the world to see who we as transgender people really are. We’re just like everyone else – so much more than a simple label can begin to describe.

Big hugs, many blessings, and lots of love to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment