Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday August 20, 2017



It's around 7:20 AM and I should be getting ready for church but my mind is buzzing and I need to get it out. It began while adjusting the caffeine and nicotine in my brain to their proper operating levels. Anyhow, everything seems so strange when pausing for a moment to reflect on how incredible it is to be alive and aware of things. If you take a few steps far enough back to see a bigger picture perceptions begin to change quickly. Our home, which is of course the planet Earth, seems pretty big but quickly disappears as a tiny spec in our Solar System. The entire Solar System vanishes into a microscopic fragment in our galaxy. Of course even the gargantuan Milky Way galaxy is something less that an undetectable point in time and space when considering it from the perspective of an incomprehensibly vast universe. Our planet, our solar system, even our entire galaxy come and go in an imperceptible instant in the realm of infinity. But here we are, watching as it takes billions of lifetimes to pass. Okay now convince me that any of this actually existed before I came here to observe and experience it. Ya’ well anyhow, it’s all pretty weird.

Also I’ve been recalling something that I wrote about in ->my book<- the apparitions or whatever you call them (they certainly seem real enough) that appeared and spoke to me then disappeared on several different occasions. I know they were real and there have been other times that some sort of ethereal manifestation appearing just as real as the cup of coffee I’m drinking, made an appearance then vanished with no rational reason for having been there in the first place. If you think about it none of what we so boldly call reality has any real rational explanation for existing at all does it? I have to admit that there have been times that I seriously doubted my sanity because these things are just too far out and don’t seem to fit in the paradigm of socially acceptable experiences. Then how much of what I or anyone else experiences really fits any “acceptable” set of rules? Well I really have questioned my sanity more than just a few times. The conclusion is, ”Oh what the heck does it matter if I’m sane or not? And just who will be the judge of such nonsense anyhow?” Enough of this, I need to get ready for church.

No comments:

Post a Comment