Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tuesday August 15, 2017 - 7:00 AM

Time is sure flying by. It's already the middle of August. Our little garden at church is pouring out a cornucopia of vegetables. I work with Joan pretty much all the time, I really like her. There's something very Zen in taking care of a garden. Gardening is simple but at the same time focused and relaxing even though it can be hard work at times. The funny thing about something being simple or complicated is really just a matter of perspective. The most complicated of tasks or gadgets is that a complex system is made up of a lot of very simple things, it really is all how you look at it. My old friend Rocky taught me that and how to apply it to anything including writing software and designing hardware, Regardless of the task, technical or otherwise, it can always be broken down to much simpler items and every step along the way follows the very basic algorithm of Input>Subroutines>Output. It really is just that simple.

Sorry, I got sidetracked.

So I really like working with Joan. She teaches me a lot and we're beginning to share more and more personal or intimate things about ourselves. She's very intelligent. Joan and her husband John are very kind and intelligent people and I like them both. They seem to belong together. Joan and I do get a bit of a laugh sometimes, she has a rather strong personality but as I said very intelligent and considerate. I on the other hand tend to be rather passive or submissive although I do assert myself when I choose to. This is something that works well for me in a general way - being around a dominant personality. I'm not saying Joan is dominating person, she see's what needs to be done then does it expecting others to jump in and pull their weight. I have to be a little careful about people I get close to because if they are dominating but not in a nice way I can be overwhelmed and get myself in a bit of trouble. Now I'm laughing, laughing, laughing - you'll just have to read my book to understand. Or maybe keep reading this blog as it grows. I do hope you hang around a while.

Well I'm writing this in the rather early morning, it's around 7:30. Busy day today. I have my book reading group at 10:00 then I will be volunteering as usual for the Community Dinner our church offers to anyone wishing to come for a very nice meal. I love our little church and the people I;m getting to know. My other friend Joy will be at the group, I really like joy and we're also becoming close. Jeanne will also be there. Jeanne and I have been hanging out occasionally for a while. She's very encouraging in me moving along in my current transition, actually everybody has been. I love them all so much.

Here's a couple of pictures from yesterday at the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment