Tuesday, January 22, 2019

January 22, 2019 - To be or not to be...


It’s been a bit longer than I’d intended since my last post, and on top of that, I just noticed I hadn’t actually posted my last post. Time to get my little transgender butt in gear. The past week was a difficult one. For my new friends that I met through the trans dating site, I haven’t been ignoring you, I’ve just been a serious basket case locked in my room searching for a way out of a deep dark depression. The fact is that I tend to be a rather happy person, but when I do get down, the darkest side of sweet little Jamie can take over and I can become very despondent, even suicidal. It was a bad week. Well here I am again, back from the edge of that tall cliff – I haven’t stepped off yet.

Who remembers the movie/television series MASH…

Does anyone recall the words to the MASH theme song? It goes something like this,
“Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes, and I can take or leave it if I please.”

My version of the “To be or not to be…” question is somewhat different. The thing is that when I was young I made several very serious attempts at suicide – much more than cries for help and I very nearly succeeded - but here I am. The question still haunts me at times though. Do I really want to stay in this place when things get so hard? The fact is its difficult enough just lugging this body around, something always seems to hurt, you have to keep feeding it, breathing, it seems like it’s always too cold or too hot. What it comes down to is it’s difficult to maintain this body that’s always demanding so much. And trying just to survive? My gosh, a human form takes a lot to keep it going.

So, “To be or not to be? That is the question.”…

This is my answer. I don’t actually know what it’s like to be dead; if I’ve ever been dead I have no recollection of what it’s like. Since I don’t know what it’s like to be dead then what’s the value in assuming it will solve any problems? The fact is it may be better, it may be exactly the same as what I have now, or it may be even worse. I also don’t know what it’s like to live in Toledo, Ohio, it may be better, it may be exactly the same as what I have now, or it may be even worse. So why not give old Toledo a try first? I’m just saying that anyone contemplating such things really ought to think it through. All we know for sure is there is only a 33% chance that checking out of this mess will actually solve any problems. I don’t like the odds. So here I stay. Still I do have my rather perverse fascination with death that manifests itself in a fantasy of standing on a very high cliff in total darkness. Will I slip and fall? Will Edger Allen Poe’s ‘Imp of the Perverse’ get the best of me and I step off? Will I be pushed into oblivion? The fantasy is whether or not angels will catch me and gently set me back atop the cliff or will I have one last wild ride into the unknown? This intrigues me to no end. Well the fact is this cat has already used around 6 of her 9 lives so we’ll see what happens.

This is how I got so far down this time…

Around 5 months ago I found a surgeon that agreed to do a surgery I’ve wanted for a lifetime, the thing that could finally make me feel normal, yup – the big one, gender affirming or trans-vaginal surgery. I was led to believe that everything was good then at the last minute (after 5 months) she reneged. Mind you, this is the second surgeon that’s let me down like this, also in the mix was a cosmetic surgeon that was supposed to give me breast implants but messed up. I had put all my trust in these people but once again, nothing, not a damn thing. It hurts. On top of all that, I’d finally managed to kick a terrible addiction to prescription narcotics – morphine, just a mere 6 weeks prior (the addiction had lasted for somewhere between 5 and 7 years – I don’t recall for sure). I’d also had to stop hormone therapy for the surgery. I was under a considerable amount of stress due to book keeping errors I’d made at my church (I’m the financial secretary). Nobody thought I’d done anything wrong – everything was there, just in the wrong categories. All this right after the holiday season - I reached my breaking point I guess.

My friends worry about me sometimes…

Sometimes my closest friends worry about me; they say I’m too gullible. Especially after a number of times that I trusted someone (someone like the guy that turned out to be none other than Jeffrey Dahmer himself). They ask me when I’m going to learn to be more critical about people? My answer, “Not likely to be any time soon I guess.” Somehow I’ve gotten this far but with a lot of help from what I perceive as divine intervention. Why? I have no idea, but here I am.

So from this sweet hippie chick to my wonderful friends (I am glad to be here, I love y’all so much)

Big hugs and kisses always.




No comments:

Post a Comment